The Ultimate Skincare is Found in Nature
Marin Bee Company founder and backyard beekeeper, Debra Tomaszewski, discovered the profound effect honey had on her skin while tending her hives; her delicious honey improved her skin and complexion. As her children grew into adolescence, skin became a particular issue at her home. Concerned for her teenagers’ skin, Debra brought them to the doctors, but all the standard prescriptions were too harsh and irritating for their delicate skin. Debra looked to her trusted bees and crafted effective and powerful homemade remedies to help her children.
She combined her freshly harvested honey with soothing, time tested ingredients like oatmeal, aloe, olive oil and added nature’s own “cure-alls” such as salt, clay and essential oils created from powerful botanicals. Her children and even their friends experienced stunning results. Using her homemade formulas, Debra’s own skin began to show less signs of stress, appearing healthier with a natural glow. Her honey was providing a second sweet reward.
Debra was so excited that simple, effective natural ingredients could dramatically improve and nourish skin, she couldn’t resist sharing her homemade recipes with others. Lovingly crafted, her recipes became the base for Marin Bee’s Pure Honey Skincare line. Debra spent the next four years refining her kitchen formulas into a luxurious skin care collection by working with the finest chemists and laboratories available.
We Harness the Power of Honey
Often called the “Nectar of the Gods,” honey has long been known for its restorative, healthful properties and as a powerful rejuvenator for the skin and body. The highly concentrated and unique combination of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and prebiotics in honey helps regenerate skin. Honey straight from the hive, unprocessed, with no additives, chemicals or preservatives contains a distinctive blend of beeswax, propolis, royal jelly, and powerful enzymes, deeply nourishing and protecting skin from environmental damage. Its antimicrobial properties breakdown dead skin so that it can easily be sloughed away and exfoliated. Because it naturally contains water, pure honey is a humectant, meaning it absorbs moisture from the air and hydrates skin, leaving it silky smooth. Our Marin Bee Pure Honey Skincare Collection is formulated with local California Wildflower Honey and powerful organic and natural ingredients. Marin Bee products work in harmony with nature to detoxify, nourish, cleanse and protect skin from environmental damage, leaving it restored, soft, supple and radiant - the way nature intended it.
Why California Wildflower Honey?
Wildflowers have fed honeybees for millions of years and California’s lush “nectar corridors” are alive with the vibrant colors and sweet fragrances that attract and feed honeybees. “I first developed Marin Bee formulas with my own honey. It only made sense to support local growers and the nature surrounding me,” explains Debra. “I’m a big believer in, ‘Change starts in your own backyard.’ It is the founding principle for our work with Planet Bee Foundation, our bee and pollination education nonprofit, and I am extremely proud that California Wildflower Honey is at the heart of all our products.” All our Wildflower Honey is cultivated on the hillsides of Northern California and supports local habitats, native species and assists in repopulating honey bee populations.
Free of Harmful Ingredients
What we nourish our skin with is just as important as the food we eat. Skin absorbs everything it comes in contact with, so thoughtful care of the entire body is essential when creating a holistic lifestyle, maintaining vibrant health and longevity. Skin naturally glows when we nourish our bodies, both inside and out; too much damage can be done by unknowingly using skin care products that contain harmful chemicals. We carefully craft our Pure Honey Skincare to use wholesome natural and effective ingredients.
So why do other companies use harmful chemicals? Because harmful chemicals are inexpensive and can easily be created in a lab, rather than harvested from nature. Despite the extra effort and additional costs, Marin Bee Company is dedicated to finding healthy alternatives to the chemicals other companies use in their skin care products.
• We never use PEGs, parabens, synthetic dyes, petroleum or formaldehyde producing preservatives.
• We never us phthalates, mineral oil, talc, silicone derived emollients, or sodium lauryl sulfates.
• We never use irritating synthetic fragrances, only a unique nourishing essential oil blend which creates our signature scent, Musique: Notes of Nature.
• Our products never contain generic fillers or premade bases.
• We never test our products on animals and are Leaping Bunny Certified.
Better for You, Better for the Planet
Great care has been taken to formulate all our products with organic, natural and nourishing ingredients such as California Wildflower Honey, olive and jojoba oils, shea butters, aloe vera, and green tea extract. Marin Bee products are safe for the entire family. Our ingredients are as good for you as they are for the planet.
• Our Pure Honey Skincare is made locally in California.
• Our California Wildflower Honey is sustainably sourced, certified Kosher and supports local growers.
• We pride ourselves on maintaining the lowest carbon footprint we can by working with as many California and USA vendors as possible.
• Our packaging is recyclable and sourced as locally as possible. Our boxes are manufactured with wind power and printed with plant dyes.
• We are always seeking new ways to expand our sustainability practices.
• We empower others to be a positive influence for environmental change and stewardship through our support of Planet Bee Foundation.
Luxurious and Effective Alternatives From Nature
For us it’s not enough to just use natural and organic ingredients, our Pure Honey Skincare Collection rivals any top skin care line and creates that at-home spa and pampering experience - but without the harmful chemicals or additives. Below are just a sample of the healthy, soothing, emollient and effective alternatives we use rather than the harmful ingredients (many of which are banned in the EU) found in many other skin care lines.
• We use essential oils, natural herbal and floral extracts for fragrance rather than synthetic perfumes, which contain phthalates.
• We choose natural preservatives rather than parabens.
• Marin Bee Pure Honey Skincare contains detoxifying ingredients that control oil and nourish skin like clay, oatmeal, sulfur and salt rather than harsh questionable chemicals that can irritate sensitive skin.
• Our products contain xanthan gum, guar gum and glyceryl stearate (vegetable emulsifiers & stabilizers) rather than DEA.
• We use nourishing coconut, olive and sunflower oils, shea and cocoa butter to moisturize rather than petroleum based emollients or mineral oil.
• We choose vegetable glycerin rather than propylene glycol.
• Our products are made with ingredients from Mother Nature like salt, lavender, citrus oils, and California Wildflower Honey rather than ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium polyacrylate, and C12-15 alkyl benzoate.